Now that I have the introduction to the blog down pat, I was planning to put up some pictures to decorate the blog. So I switched on the external hard disk drive as always, and.... nothing happened!! My computer would not recognize the drive! Darn!!!
I have no idea what happened, it could be due to me accidentally cutting the power yesterday. I spent all day trying the fix the disk to no avail. I have one last hope, which is to take the drive apart and run it on a desktop PC. This will be my scheduled task for Sunday.
So here I sit, taking stock of the contents of the hard drive. I know, I know, I should have made backups! Incidentally, as Sod (or Murphy or whatever you want to call him) would have it, backing up my hard drives to CDs/DVDs is one of the tasks I have on my to-do list for this month!
Whilst there are 230GBs of stuff on the drive that I want salvaged, the most important folder, which I cannot bear to do without, is my folder of photos, which contains my collection of photos dating back from 2001! I am not sure how I will cope if these are irrecoverable. It would be as if 8 years of documented memories were just erased!
I know I wanted a fresh start.... but this is definitely much more than I bargained for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment