Azrael and I are in Hamburg for his birthday!! It is a brilliant city, vibrant and full of life. We are certainly enjoying it thus far.
But first, of course no "surprise" birthday present comes without drama. I'd planned the trip to Hamburg as a surprise for his birthday. I'd booked the flights and hotel, got the travel guides, and even booked a table at a restaurant for his birthday dinner. This was no mean feat, seeing as we are both at home together most of the day!
I'd thought that it was a pretty well-kept secret, me having told only a handful of people about it.
Alas, the secret surprise was blown wide open a couple of days before, when Lufthansa sent Azrael an email detailing his travel itinerary. I still cannot believe how it all happened. I'd been so careful, ensuring that I registered only my contact details with the flight booking.
Who would have guessed that Lufthansa's frequent flyer programme would provide this "extra service"?! He'd received the email because I'd registered his frequent flyer number with the booking!
I am just grateful that Azrael decided to tell me straight away that he'd found out, rather than to keep quiet and play along! I cannot imagine how awful that would have been! Can you imagine if he would have decided to turn the game on me, and refuse to wake up early this morning???
Although I am still annoyed that my surprise was given away, in other ways I am glad that he knew in advance. This meant that he could at least pack his own suitcase without having to go through a mad rush!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment