The reason for the slight delay in my posts is that I started German school last Monday, 16th Feb. The first week can only be described as tough and challenging!
During my search for German schools, I had to take multiple German assessment tests as each school had their own set of tests. All the tests showed my proficiency at Level 2 beginner. However, I was placed in a Level 3 intermediate class at school. It did not bother me initially as I accepted it as a challenge and thought that I would be able to make up for all the Level 2 lessons in my own time.
Unfortunately, the first thing I learned on Monday morning was that we were going to have a Level 2 test that very Wednesday, my third day of school. I had a mighty task at hand as I had to revise and self-study the entire Level 1 and 2 syllabus within 2 days!!! I spent all of Monday and Tuesday doing nothing but studying. Unfortunately, I was still unable to complete the syllabus. Not surprisingly, I failed the test by 2%. Thankfully, I was allowed to progress since I was a new student and had only recently taken the entrance test.
Nevertheless, I will still need to go back and study all the material for Level 2, just to make sure that I will progress smoothly in my class. The last thing I want is to continue being the idiot who does not know which preposition to use in a sentence! Oh... and by the way, I only found out this week, what a "preposition" is!!!
Thursday, 19 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment